These waffles are going to be your new go-to brunch or post-workout fuel. Our friend Phoebe from Natural Nourishment has done the hard work and put together this incredible savoury collagen waffles recipe using our Marine Collagen Powder.
These are not just any old waffles- they are protein-packed collagen waffles. They are free from refined sugar, gluten, grains and dairy and are packed full of fibre and protein to make for a satisfying breakfast.
Our pure and marine collagen powders are incredibly versatile- being tasteless and odourless, they are the perfect addition to sweet and savoury recipes, increasing the nutritional content without affecting the taste or texture. These collagen waffles are gluten-free, replacing wheat flour with tapioca flour as the base. Tapioca flour is a starchy white flour made from cassava. It has a slightly sweet flavour and a light, fluffy texture when used in baking, and the perfect base for some savoury waffle action.
Savoury Carrot Collagen Waffles (Makes 2)
- ¾ cup Carrot purée (roughly chop 1-2 large carrots, roast in a preheated 200C oven for 25-30 mins, add to a food processor & blend whilst still warm)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Tapioca flour
- 2 scoops Planet Paleo Marine Collagen powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Add your eggs, chosen oil & carrot purée to the bowl of a food processor, blitz to combine.
- Then add the rest of your ingredients blending until smooth (scrape down the sides a couple of times & just make sure there are no sneaky lumps of tapioca flour hiding)
- Add half to your preheated waffle iron, smoothing it out from the centre towards the edges. Don’t be tempted to overfill it!
- Leave to cook for 5-6 minutes then keep warm in the oven or serve your collagen waffles straight away with your favourite accompaniments and enjoy!
Follow Phoebe on Instagram for more collagen love, brilliant nutritional info and delicious recipes.