Healthy Collagen Protein Cookies – Recipe
We love to add a scoop of our Pure collagen powder or Marine Collagen to our morning coffee, but they can also be used in a variety of ways. Both collagen supplements are odourless and tasteless meaning you can add them to anything you want from hot drinks to smoothies, and porridge to pancakes. Adding a scoop of collagen powder to your baking is a great way to increase the nutritional value and the protein content of your bakes, making them healthier and more satiating. Today we are sharing a recipe for collagen protein cookies put together by our friends at Evolution Organics.
In terms of treats, there is nothing better than a slightly warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie coming out of the oven. Home baked and store bought cookies can be great for an occasional treat, but not something to consume regularly as they can be high in heavily processed trans fats, refined sugars and generally low in nutrition. Good for the soul, but not all that good for us in the long term. Luckily we can make some easy swaps and substitutions to make healthy cookies that taste great with minimal ingredients, rich in protein and beneficial fats. Try our healthy collagen protein cookies…
2 Scoops Pure collagen powder or Marine collagen powder
200g Peanut butter
45g Whey protein (Vanilla)
1/4 Teaspoon Bicarbonate soda
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4 (160 degrees)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together (except the honey) to form a dough
- Scoop out a 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture, make a ball in your hand and flatten the dough with a fork on a lined baking sheet into 6-12 cookies
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes (large cookies) and 8 minutes (smaller cookies)
- Remove from oven and brush each cookie with runny (or gently warmed) honey and then leave to cool on a cooling rack
These healthy collagen protein cookies make the perfect mid-morning snack or dessert, and they are guaranteed to disappear quickly!
Thanks again to our friends at Evolution Organics for the delicious recipe