5 ways to use our Organic Bone Broth powder…
Bone Broth is considered to be one of the most ancient food sources on the planet and an exceptional source of nutrition. Made from simmered animal bones, it is an elixir that not only tastes great, but provides numerous nutrients and beneficial compounds. You can enjoy this super elixir at any time of day and we have both sweet and savoury options to suit your tastes. If you are stuck for how to use your organic bone broth powder then here are some of our favourite ways to include this nutrient packed food in your daily diet:
- Sip it. The simplest and easiest way to get the benefits of this medicinal food. For our savoury blends simply add hot water, and even add a little MCT oil for a bulletproof bone broth. For the sports proteins simply add to water, or non-dairy milk as you would a protein shake. You can also add it to your coffee, or try making a hot chocolate with our chocolate flavour bone broth for a delicious treat.
- Cook your grains and veggies in it: Add a serving of organic bone broth powder to saute veggies, add to cauliflower rice, mashed potato, or cook rice/quinoa or other grains of choice in it. Add our turmeric bone broth for an aromatic flavour, with the benefits and flavour of the spices.
- Soup: The classic way to use our savoury flavours, use the bone broth powders as a flavoursome and nutrient rich base for soup. Try our bone broth chicken soup recipe. This is like a warming hug from the inside, and super nourishing if you are feeling under the weather or recovering from illness.
- Pancakes: One of our teams favourite ways to use the bone broth powders, try adding a serving of banana, or chocolate bone broth to your paleo pancakes. The perfect post-workout, or weekend brunch treat. Try adding the savoury flavours for savoury pancakes too. The chocolate and banana bone broth powders make the perfect addition to your baking recipes, try adding to keto brownies, energy balls, or cookies.
- Smoothies: While it’s easy to only associate bone broth with savoury recipes, our chocolate and banana flavours make the perfect nutrient packed addition to your smoothies. They have a delicious creamy taste, with none of the chalky texture, additives or sweeteners of your standard protein powder. A great way to make your smoothie more sustaining and satiating.
Why add a daily dose of bone broth?
Bone broth is rich in collagen and minerals and is fantastic for gut health and our connective tissues. Our bone broths come from the highest quality Scandinavian cattle, reared to the KRAV certification which is the gold standard for animal husbandry globally. Bone Broths naturally contain collagen, but alongside an array of nutrients in an easily digestible whole food form, from calcium and magnesium to hyaluronic acid and glucosamine. This powerful elixir is stacked with nutrition.
Let us know how you like to use your organic bone broth powder. Leave a comment, and tag us in your creations on Instagram @planetpaleo