5 reasons to try bone broth…
Bone Broth is considered to be one of the most ancient food sources on the planet and highly nutritious. Made from simmered animal bones, it is an elixir that not only tastes great, but provides numerous nutrients and beneficial compounds. If you are yet to incorporate this ancient food in your diet, then the new year is a perfect time to give it a try, here are our top reasons to try bone broth this year…
1. Nutrient Rich: Bone broth is highly nutrient rich. Animal bones are rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and other trace minerals which are needed to build and strengthen our own bones. It also has a high collagen content which helps to support our connective tissues, hair, skin, nails, gut and so much more. It is also rich in glucosamine and chondroitin which are essential for connective tissue support. Many people don’t get enough of these nutrients in their diet, so drinking bone broth is a good way to get more of them.
2. Joint Health: Bone broth is rich in collagen which is made up of the amino acids proline and glycine which the body uses to build its own connective tissues. It also contains glucosamine and chondroitin, which are natural compounds found in cartilage and are essential for the formation and repair of connective tissues, and vital for joint health.
3. Gut Health: Our intestinal lining is implicated in many inflammatory conditions so it’s important to provide the body with nutrients that can support the health of the gut. Bone broths are always recommended as part of a gut support protocol as they provide a rich source of nourishment, as well as anti-inflammatory amino acids like glutamine to soothe the gut lining, supporting the structure of the gut and its overall function.
4. Skin Health: Bone Broth is rich in collagen which gives skin its strength and elasticity and is vital for its structure. It supports our skin cells to renew and repair themselves and has a firming effect. Hyaluronic acid which is also found in bone broth is vital for keeping skin hydrated and healthy.
5. Sports Performance: Bone Broth can be very beneficial post workout for hydration and replacing lost electrolytes, as well as being a great source of protein for recovery. The collagen and glycine content may help with tissue recovery, as well as digestive support and immunity if you are highly active. Bone broth is rich in anti-inflammatory amino acids, glycine and proline, which have been shown to help speed the recovery process and reduce inflammation; allowing muscles and joints to heal quicker, and enabling us to recover faster and get back to training quicker. Try our Bone Broth sports protein post workout.
We hope this has got you excited to try bone broth, an ancient healing food of our ancestors, now in an easy to use form with our high quality Organic powders, making it even easier to get your daily dose of primal power.